HYDRAULIC DESIGN PROJECT ENGINEER/PROJECT MANAGER
JSE has job openings for experienced hydraulic design project engineers and project managers with a BS or MS degree in Civil Engineering. You will be responsible for the preparation of plans, specifications, and calculations as well as coordination with other design professionals and public officials.
- The design of site layouts, subdivisions, storm and sanitary sewers, stormwater management systems, grading, roads, and hydrologic/hydraulic studies.
- Direct and lead the work of technical staff
- Ensure deadlines and cost targets are met
- Maintain required project documentation
- Serve as a liaison between business and technical aspects of projects
- Significant, relevant hydraulics design experience of bridges, small structures, and highways is required utilizing software programs including HEC-RAS, HY-8, AutoCad/Civil 3D, and/or Microstation/GeoPak, PCSWM, and other hydraulics software
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with production staff and clients and be able to provide viable alternate solutions to complex hydraulic problems
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
- Experienced candidates should have their Indiana PE license or be eligible for registration