Janssen & Spaans Engineering (JSE) is an ever growing innovative civil engineering company. We are currently seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to join our team.
As a Professional Surveyor (PS) for JSE you will be responsible for technical and supervisory work coordinating survey crews and office staff engaged in multi-disciplinary structured organization which includes design, boundary, construction surveying, automated mapping or preparing maps and associated legal descriptions.
You will coordinate numerous survey or mapping projects and perform technical calculations and field redesign to maintain designed project time frames.
You'll supervise and coordinate all phases of land survey and will be responsible for work results and progress of assinged survey parties.
You'll train personnel and review survey procedures, check technical aspects of land survey procedures, and ensure crews are functioning at a high performance level.
You'll prepare and verify accuracy of legal descriptions, maps and aerial photographs and perform survey calculations as required for subdivisions, establishment of roadway alignments, survey closures and geodetic ties.
You'll direct the activities of GPS work which includes geodetic and topograhpical surveying.
- 5+ years surveying experience
- Professional Surveyor registration or ability to obtain license in the future
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience performing survey field work relating to topograhpy, boundary, and construciton staking
- Experience preparing ALTA surveys, easement exhibits, plats, and legal description and other survey products
- Experience performing deed research, obtaining right of way plans, and coordinating utility locator service information
Here's What We'd Like to See:
- Experience using GPS, robotic total station, and conventional survey equipment as a one person crew
- Experience supervising and coordinating the work of multiple survey crews and office personnel and training employees in survey work
- AutoCAD experienced preferred
- Ability to speak and write professionally
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to staff in the survey practice