JSE has an exciting opportunity for a bridge inspector to join one of the largest bridge design teams in Indiana. JSE is currently performing bridge inspections for multiple counties in Indiana and is looking for an individual to continue this work under our lead inspector and eventually grow into our department lead of the bridge inspection group. JSE has a significant bridge support staff that assists the bridge inspection team. The salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Perform on-site bridge design projects
- Perform field measurements, evaluate existing conditions, and document findings in the field
- Prepare in-office support for field inspections, such as the development of inspection documentation forms prior to fieldwork
- Analysis of data obtained in the field
- Preparation of NBIS Inspection Report
- Preparation of Load Rating Analysis
- Prepare construction documents for recommended repairs based on field conditions
- Marketing to Clients
- Proposal Preparation
- Travel will be required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- EIT certification (PE a plus)
- FHWA/NHI Bridge Inspection Certification a plus
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of the AASHTO code
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with Mathcad, Excel, Word
- Driver’s License REQUIRED
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respected field and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.