CAD Technician: Bridge Design (Entry Level)
Compensation commensurate with experience
Janssen & Spaans Engineering (JSE) seeks a Bridge Design CAD Technician experienced in performing engineering design drafting on bridge projects including but not limited to:
- Reinforced Concrete Details
- Superstructure Types: Prestressed Concrete, Structural Steel
- Falsework and Shoring
- Construction Sequencing & Erection: Cofferdams
- Produce drawings using computer-assisted drafting systems (AutoCAD or MicroStation)
- Follow Department of Transportation (DOT) standards
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for bridge and miscellaneous structures.
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload.
- It is expected with time skills will continue to develop, and CAD Technician will be able to take on more responsibility.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience performing design drafting
- Broad understanding of civil engineering concepts and practices
- Experience with structural detailing: rebar, structural steel, post-tension, etc.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or MicroStation, GeoPak design and drafting software
- Basic use of Microsoft Office applications i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams
- Work independently plus the ability to coordinate effectively with multi-disciplined project teams
- Ability to read construction and engineering documents
- Workload management skills to meet deadlines
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respected field and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.