JSE has an exciting opportunity for a construction inspector to join one of the most well-established firms in Indiana. JSE is currently performing construction inspection services for several agencies in Southern/Central Indiana and is looking for an individual to assist with this work under our lead Construction Project Engineer/Supervisor. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Perform on-site inspection duties while utilizing personal protection and safety gear
- Always represent JSE with the utmost professionalism and courtesy while on the job
- Perform field measurements and necessary calculations per IDPW, FHWA & INDOT guidelines for pay items installed and accepted in place per specifications.
- Perform necessary DCP tests including compaction and optimum moisture content of soils
- Perform testing of slump, yield, water/cement ratio testing, and air content for all applicable concrete items
- Produce a daily work log documenting the controlling operation, companies present, their active on-site personnel, equipment, measurements of pay items installed (including calculations), and any other pertinent information
- Possess a working knowledge and proficient use of the INDOT Specifications Manual
- Perform computations associated with material inventory, the printing of e-tickets, and tape totaling all material tickets delivered to the Jobsite
- Perform LWD testing of aggregates placed over soils and moisture cookouts to determine the moisture content of the assigned aggregates
- Travel may be required
Desired Skills and Experienec:
- INDOT Certified Proficient in the use of the AASHTO SiteManager software as an inspector
- Preferred applicant to be an INDOT Certified Inspector, certified thru the INDOT Highway Technician program
- Experience and general knowledge of ITAP and its INDOT applications pertaining to the review of erosion control inspection reports, certified payroll reviews, contractor evaluation reports, and post-construction plan evaluations.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Relevant field experience as an inspector is preferred
- Driver’s License
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respected field and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.