Hydraulic Design Project Engineer/Manager
JSE has job openings for experienced hydraulic design project engineers and project managers with a BS or MS degree in Civil Engineering. You will be responsible for the preparation of plans, specifications, and calculations as well as coordination with other design professionals and public officials.
- The design of site layouts, subdivisions, storm, and sanitary sewers, stormwater management systems, grading, roads, and hydrologic/hydraulic studies.
- Direct and lead the work of technical staff
- Ensure deadlines and cost targets are met
- Maintain required project documentation
- Serve as a liaison between business and technical aspects of projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Significant, relevant hydraulics design experience of bridges, small structures, and highways is required utilizing software programs including HEC-RAS, HY-8, AutoCad/Civil 3D, and/or Microstation/GeoPak, PCSWM, and other hydraulics software
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with production staff and clients and be able to provide viable alternative solutions to complex hydraulic problems
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong leadership qualities
- Experienced candidates should have their Indiana PE license or be eligible for registration
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.