Mid-Level Bridge Engineer
JSE has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level bridge engineer to join one of the largest bridge design teams in Indiana to work on some of the most exciting projects currently underway in the state and country. JSE is a leading bridge design firm in the United States having a highly knowledgeable and energetic staff working together in a team environment. Building from our team member’s strengths, we provide design services on typical and complex bridge projects for just about every type of structure imaginable.
- Project management on bridge design projects.
- Perform/review bridge designs.
- Operate software Larsa, Conspan, Merlin Dash, Geomath, L-pile, etc.
- Work with CADD technicians to develop bridge plans and submittals.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Follow state design standards and guides for developing projects.
- Coordination with other staff members.
- Direct, mentor and supervise junior engineers in the preparation of calculations, plans, specifications, technical reports, and cost estimates.
- Some travel may be required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional Engineering License (PE)
- 5+ years of relevant bridge experience.
- Proven hands-on experience in all aspects of bridge design projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the AASHTO code.
- BSCE (MSCE a plus).
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
- Computer modeling of structures.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.