Road Design Project Engineer (Experienced)
Compensation commensurate with experience
Janssen & Spaans Engineering (JSE) seeks a Road Design CAD Technician for our Indianapolis, IN - Miami, FL - Dallas, TX offices. We are seeking a candidate experienced in performing engineering design drafting on transportation projects including but not limited to:
- Interstates, Highways, and Freeways
- Urban Streets
- Various Intersections Including Roundabouts
- Interchange Layout
- Produce drawings using computer-assisted drafting systems (AutoCAD or MicroStation)
- Follow Department of Transportation (DOT) standards
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for road construction and miscellaneous projects
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- It is expected with time skills will continue to develop, and CAD Technician will be able to take on more responsibility.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years’ experience performing design drafting.
- Broad understanding of civil engineering concepts and practices
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or MicroStation, GeoPak design and drafting software
- Basic use of Microsoft Office applications i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams
- Work independently plus the ability to coordinate effectively with multi-disciplined project teams
- Ability to read construction and engineering documents
- Workload management skills to meet deadlines
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respected field and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.