Professional Surveyor (PS, Indiana)
We are currently seeking a Professional Surveyor to join our team. Qualified candidates will be responsible for technical and supervisory work coordinating survey crews and office staff engaged in a multi-disciplinary structured organization that includes design, boundary, construction surveying, automated mapping, or preparing maps and associated legal descriptions.
- You will coordinate numerous surveys or mapping projects and perform technical calculations and field redesign to maintain designed project time frames
- You'll supervise and coordinate all phases of the land survey and will be responsible for work results and the progress of assigned survey parties
- You'll train personnel and review survey procedures, check technical aspects of land survey procedures, and ensure crews are functioning at a high-performance level
- You'll prepare and verify the accuracy of legal descriptions, maps, and aerial photographs and perform survey calculations as required for subdivisions, the establishment of roadway alignments, survey closures, and geodetic ties
- You'll direct the activities of GPS work which includes geodetic and topographical surveying
- 5+ years surveying experience
- Professional Surveyor registration or ability to obtain licensure in the future
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience performing survey fieldwork relating to topography, boundary, and construction staking
- Experience preparing ALTA surveys, easement exhibits, plats, and legal description, and other survey products
- Experience performing deed research, obtaining right-of-way plans, and coordinating utility locator service information
- Experience supervising and coordinating the work of multiple survey crews and office personnel, and training employees in survey work
- AutoCAD/Civil3D/MicroStation experience required: Prepare INDOT right of way plans, plats, and related right of way documents.
- Experience using GPS, robotic total station, and conventional survey equipment as a one-person crew
- Experience supervising and coordinating the work of multiple survey crews and office personnel and training employees in survey work
- AutoCAD experienced preferred
- Ability to speak and write professionally
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to staff in the survey practice
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.