Survey Crew Leader
JSE is currently seeking a Survey Crew Leader to join our team. The Survey Crew Leader will be responsible for operating surveying equipment, proficiency with survey programs, supervise field staff, and maintain surveying standards. Qualifications and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum 5 years of survey crew leader experience
- Experience with executing Route Surveys, Topographic Surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys, staking and Transportation projects with INDOT
- Proficient with INDOT Standards/Code lists and survey requirements preferred
- Proficiency with Trimble GPS and Trimble Robotic Total Station
- Experience with Civil 3D preferred or willingness/ability to be trained
- Ability to read and comprehend engineer drawings and project layout
- Ability to organize field notes
- Strong skills in verbal/communication, computer, and math skills
- Able and willing to work in varying weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License is REQUIRED
- Maintain company standards
- Supervise additional staff members assisting in survey assignments
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner following field procedures
- Adhere to QA/QC procedures and note-taking
- Follow instructions/work orders from project managers.
- Review and follow project scope, keeping all project information and electronic files well organized
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.