Bridge Design Project Engineer (Entry Level)
Compensation commensurate with experience
Janssen & Spaans Engineering (JSE) is seeking bridge design project engineers to join one of the largest bridge design teams in Indiana. The below is a summary but not complete listing of work specifications:
- Perform structural engineering on bridge design projects using design software
- Work with CAD technicians to develop bridge plans
- Assist supervisor in development of plan sets and details
- Follow JSE, Client, and state DOT standards and guides for developing projects
- Coordinate with supervisor and other staff members to complete projects
- Prepare rebar lists, quantities, and cost estimates
- Travel (as required)
- Additional tasks as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- EIT certification (PE permitted but not required)
- Knowledge of the AASHTO codes and standards
- Communication skills and ability to work in team environment
- DOT project experience (permitted but not required)
- Familiarity with Mathcad, Excel, and Word applications
- Previous structural modeling experience
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respected field and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.