Lead Bridge Inspector
Janssen & Spaans Engineering has an exciting opportunity for a senior bridge inspector with five or more years of experience, to join one of the largest bridge design teams in Indiana. JSE performs inspections for four counties in Indiana and we are looking for an individual to lead our bridge inspection efforts, expand the department, and pursue additional inspection work.
- Conduct onsite bridge inspection projects by completing field measurements, evaluating existing conditions, and documenting findings in the field
- Analyze data obtained in the field
- Prepare NBIS inspection reports and load rating analysis (Design staff available to assist with load rating analysis)
- Compose construction documents for recommended repairs based on field conditions and prepare narratives, documentation, designs, and information for current and future proposals
- Maintain current client relations and pursue new clients through outreach, discussion, and opportunities
- Travel for inspections and client meetings (as required)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- PE licensure
- Valid Driver’s license
- FHWA/NHI Bridge Inspection Certification (preferred)
- General knowledge of the AASHTO, ACI, and AISC codes and standards
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in team environment
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, load rating software, Excel, and Word
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respective fields and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.