CAD Technician: Bridge Design (Entry Level)
Compensation commensurate with experience
Janssen & Spaans Engineering (JSE) is seeking a CAD Technician for its bridge team with an associate’s degree in Design Technology, Applied Science, or alternate applicable degree, to create design drafts on bridge projects including but not limited to:
- Reinforced Concrete Details
- Superstructure Types: Prestressed Concrete, Structural Steel
- Falsework and Shoring
- Construction Sequencing & Erection: Cofferdams
- Produce drawings using computer-assisted drafting systems (AutoCAD or MicroStation)
- Follow client, JSE, and Department of Transportation (DOT) codes and standards
- Compose and validate bridge geometry and other critical plan information
- Draft and review plan sheets and detailed drawings for bridge construction and miscellaneous projects
- Generate plan details (typical sections, rebar lists, bar bending diagrams, tables, etc.)
- Provide timely updates for drawing completion and workload
- Submit red-line mark-ups to engineer/supervisor following JSE’s color coded marking system
- It is expected with time, skills will continue to develop, and CAD Technician will be able to take on more responsibility
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Basic grasp of the design drafting process
- General understanding of civil engineering concepts and practices
- Fundamental knowledge of structural detailing: rebar, structural steel, post-tension etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or MicroStation, GeoPak design and drafting software
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams
- Work independently plus the ability to coordinate effectively with multi-disciplined project teams
- Ability to read construction and engineering documents
- Time management skills to meet deadlines
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respective fields and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.