CAD Technician (Senior): Bridge Design
Compensation commensurate with experience
Janssen & Spaans Engineering (JSE) is seeking a Senior CAD Technician for its bridge team, with five or more years of experience, designing drafts for bridge projects. Projects including but not limited to:
- Reinforced Concrete Details
- Superstructure Types: Prestressed Concrete, Structural Steel
- Falsework and Shoring
- Construction Sequencing & Erection: Cofferdams
- Produce drawings consistent with plan sets
- Follow client, JSE, and Department of Transportation (DOT) codes and standards
- Compose and validate road or bridge geometry and other critical plan information
- Make red-line corrections and mark-ups following JSE’s color coded marking system
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for bridge or road construction and miscellaneous projects
- Complete assignments accurately, expeditiously, and on schedule
- Train and supervise entry and senior level technicians
- Develop Plan sheets from engineering calculations and review with supervisor
Desired Skills and Experience:
- In depth understanding of civil engineering concepts and practices
- Vast experience with structural detailing: rebar, structural steel, post-tension etc.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and/or MicroStation, GeoPak design and drafting software and Microsoft Office applications i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams
- Work independently and coordinate effectively with multi-disciplined project teams
- Ability to read construction and engineering documents
- Time management skills to meet deadlines
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respective fields and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.