Lead Bridge Design Engineer (Canada)
Compensation commensurate with experience
Janssen & Spaans Engineering (JSE) is offering an exciting opportunity in its Canadian office for a Lead Bridge Design Engineer. JSE is seeking an individual with at least a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, concentration in Structural Engineering, and 10 or more years of experience in all aspects of structural/bridge design to lead, manage, and build the bridge design team.
- Coordinate and manage; bridge team, design projects, and the conduct and growth of connected disciplines
- Review and approve bridge team’s calculations
- Verify and approve project documents, design submittals, and analysis reports
- Resolve design inconsistencies and conflicts for the design
- Lead project pursuits by determining budget estimates and staffing requirements
- Send Tech Proposal Writer details for; Requests of Qualifications (RFQ), Statement of Qualification (SOQ) and Proposal preparation
- Ensure designs meet ACI, AISC, CSA S6, MTQ, MTO, and MTM codes, standards, and manual requirements are upheld (knowledge of AASHTO is preferred but not required)
- Travel to support clients and project teams within Canada and US (as required)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in civil engineering
- Licensed PE in Canada (Authorization in Quebec preferred)
- Fluent in French and English (spoken and written)
- Experience in project management and Ministry of Transportation of Québec (MTQ), Ontario (MTO), or Montreal (MTM) projects
- Proficient in: LEAP Bridge and Merlin-DASH/MDX (or software equivalent), Mathcad, structural analysis software, and either AutoCAD, or MicroStation
JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry led by its excellent leadership team and well experienced staff. Working in an energized environment, we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respected field and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.