Bridge Design Project Engineer (Mid-Level)
Compensation commensurate with experience
Janssen & Spaans Engineering (JSE) is seeking a Professional Engineer with five or more years of experience in bridge design. JSE provides design services on typical and complex bridge projects for just about every type of bridge imaginable. The below is a summary but not complete listing of work specifications:
- Act as team lead on bridge design projects (as required)
- Perform/review bridge designs
- Operate AutoCad, Leap Bridge, Merlin Dash/MDX, MathCAD, and other structural analysis software
- Work with CAD technicians to develop bridge plans and submittals
- Prepare cost estimates
- Follow state design standards and guidelines for developing projects
- Coordinate with other design team members
- Direct and mentor junior engineers in the preparation of calculations, plans, specifications, technical reports, and cost estimates
- Travel(as required)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Professional Engineering License (PE)
- Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural engineering
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of bridge design projects (including computer structure modeling)
- In depth knowledge of AASHTO standards
- Strong leadership and communication skills and ability to work in team environment
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respective fields and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.