(Survey) Professional Land Surveyor
Compensation commensurate with experience
Janssen & Spaans Engineering (JSE) is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) with five or more years of surveying experience. Position description includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Oversee office and field safety
- Perform survey field work relating to topography, boundary, and roadway construction staking
- Prepare ALTA surveys, easement exhibits, plats, and legal descriptions and other survey products
- Perform deed research, obtaining right of way plans, and coordinating utility locator service information
- Create topographic and route surveys
- Supervise and coordinate survey crews and office staff in survey/mapping projects
- Train employees in survey work
- Prepare Department of Transportation (DOT) right of way plans, plats, and related right of way documents
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Hold Valid Driver’s and Professional Land Surveyor licenses (registered in Indiana)
- Have a positive working relationship with INDOT and experience with INDOT CAD codes and standards
- Experience with ALTA, Trimble, and other surveying products
- Previous execution of Topographic surveys
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil3D, and/or MicroStation
- Strong Communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respected field and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.