Road Design Project Engineer (Entry Level)
Compensation commensurate with experience
JSE is seeking Entry Level Road Design Project Engineers with a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Civil Engineering and a concentration in Transportation. Experience in civil design for roadway projects is desired but not required. Roadway projects include but are not limited to:
- Interstates, Highways and Freeways
- Urban streets
- Various Intersections Including Roundabouts
- Interchange Layout
- Create civil blueprints for, road and hydraulic project designs
- Model road designs using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and/or GeoPak
- Ensure AASHTO codes, State DOT design manual requirements, and design standards are followed
- Meet deadlines and cost targets
- Maintain required project documentation
- Serve as a liaison between business and technical disciplines on projects
- Accept additional responsibilities as trainings progress
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Strong Time management skills
- Efficient analysis and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Considerable listening and communication skills
Led by an excellent leadership team and a very experienced staff, JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry. Working in an energized environment we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respective fields and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.