Survey Crew Chief
Janssen & Spaans Engineering (JSE) is seeking a Survey Crew Chief with two or more years of experience. The Survey Crew Chief will be responsible for operating surveying equipment, survey programs, supervising field staff, and maintaining surveying standards. The below is a summary but not complete listing of work specifications:
- Compile survey field information for topographic and boundary surveys
- Uphold company standards for data collection, field notes, and survey records
- Supervise additional survey team staff members, as required
- Submit accurate timesheets, and expense logs
- Maintain JSE survey equipment
- Adhere to QA/QC and safety procedures
- Follow instructions/work orders from project managers
- Review and follow project scopes
- Assist with organization of electronic and field records
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license
- Trained on Trimble surveying equipment
- Experience with executing Topographic Surveys, ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys and staking
- Knowledge of INDOT Standards/Code lists and survey requirements
- Proficient with GPS and Robotic Total Station
- Familiar with Civil 3D preferred or willingness/ability to be trained
- Ability to read and comprehend engineer drawings and project layout
- Strong communication, computer, and math skills
- Willing to work in varying weather conditions
JSE continues to grow in the Transportation and Structural Engineering industry led by its excellent leadership team and well experienced staff. Working in an energized environment, we continue to look for valued employees who want to make a difference in their respective field and challenge themselves with value engineering and cost-effective ideas.
JSE offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance. Our package also offers flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Janssen & Spaans Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.